SCIENCE PRINTABLE WORKSHEETS FOR GRADE 2
These printable worksheets are obviously flexible and convenient, which means they can be used for whole class, independent work, early finishers, in centers and even homework.
This pack consists of informational graphic organizers which are perfect for students to extend their learning about insects and animals. Also included are fun labeling body part worksheets.
Labeling animal body parts is an important part of teaching kids about animals and biology.
Here are several reasons why:
- Builds on student’s prior knowledge: When kids learn about the labeling body parts of animals, they gain an understanding of how these animals are structured and how they function. This knowledge helps them appreciate the complexity and diversity the animal world.
- Helps with science building vocabulary: Learning the names of different animal body parts helps kids build their topic-specific vocabulary, which has a direct impact on their reading and writing skills.
- Encourages observation skills: In order to label animal body parts, students are required to use their observations skills to identify the different features of an animal. This encourages them to be more observant and attentive to the world around them.
- Promotes curiosity: Kids love animals and insects, therefore it sparks curiosity in kids about the natural world. They may become more interested in animals and biology, which can lead to further learning and exploration.
- Develops critical thinking skills: Students think critically about the different functions of each body part, which in turn, helps them develop their problem-solving skills and logical thinking abilities.
Create visually appealing graphic organizers that will hook your students’ attention and motivate them into completing designated tasks or click here for a no prep 22 page pack that consists of the following animals and insects:
- Frog Body Parts
- Frog Fun Facts
- Ant Body Parts
- Ant Fun Facts
- Snail Body Parts
- Snail Fun Facts
- Beetle Body Parts
- Beetle Fun Facts
- Spider Body Parts
- Spider Fun Facts
- Duck Body Parts
- Duck Fun Facts
- Elephant Body Parts
- Elephant Fun Facts
- Tiger Body Parts
- Tiger Fun Facts
- Goat Body Parts
- Goat Fun Facts
- Fish Body Parts
- Fish Fun Facts
for print & go worksheets that you can use in class tomorrow!
Looking for free writing prompts? Read this blog
Join my email list to receive exclusive FREE resources and content!