2nd Grade Report Card Comments
Many teachers find writing report card comments stressful and who blames them?
Report card writing is time consuming! Think about it…as teachers, we are required to write reading, writing, speaking and listening, math and general
comments for reports for every student.
If you have 26 students in your class, it’s not only 26 comments that need to be written but more like 130 comments in total (depending on which subjects
your district expects you to comment on!)
There’s also pressure to ensure that the assessments teachers do as evidence for report writing are educative, relevant and fair so that the assessment
data gathered hopefully indicates some areas of progress, highlights strengths and weaknesses.
So How to Assess Before Report Card Writing?
Below are no prep math and writing assessments that are ideal for gathering data for report card writing:
2nd Grade Report Card Comments
So if you find writing Report Card Comments stressful, then you will love this cut and paste resource that consists of empowering
positive and constructive feedback.
Take the stress out of 2nd Grade Math Assessment, Writing Assessment and writing Report Card Comments with this
NO PREP BUNDLE! Everything you need is right here is this comprehensive pack. Firstly, have your students complete the
quick no prep math assessment worksheets and then the writing prompt paper activities and finally cut and paste editable report card comments!
This bundle will literally save you hours upon hours of your personal time and the best investment you make in teaching!
- Second Grade
- Third Grade (adaptable)
If you’re looking for First Grade Report Card Comments, click here
This bundle consists of the following 3 products:
- Teacher Notes: ‘How To Use This Resource’
- 10 Problem Solving Think Boards (great for differentiation!)
- 10 pages of Fluency worksheets
- 10 pages of Reasoning worksheets
- 10 pages of Mathematical Vocabulary worksheets
- 3 pages of mathematical reflections!
- Friends of Ten
- Fast Facts
- Near Doubles
- Mental Math
- Word Problems (addition and subtraction)
- 2D Shapes
- 3D Shapes
- Mathematical Vocabulary
- I looked under my bed and found a mystery box! Then…
- A silver spaceship landed in the playground! Next…
- My backyard turned into a waterpark! Suddenly…
- I looked into the mirror and could not believe my eyes! I saw…
- The whole neighborhood was covered in candy snow! (US version)
- The whole neighbourhood was covered in candy snow! (UK version)
- The teacher handed me a note and it read, “You are principal for the day!”
- My cat leaped onto my lap and talked, “Let’s hang out dude!”
- I have a secret…I can talk to the animals!
- In my basement, there is a time machine! I press the red button and…
- i dig a hole in my backyard and can’t believe my eyes! It’s a…
- On my way to school, I found a shiny gem! I picked it up and…
- A wooden box creaked open and voice whispered, “You have 3 wishes!”
- Our class field trip was to the moon…5, 4, 3, 2, 1 BLAST OFF!
- Abracadabra! Your house is now a magical maze! Enter, turn left and…
- The apples in the fruit bowl suddenly speak!
- You wake up and suddenly realize that you are a tiger in the jungle! (US version)
- You wake up and suddenly realise that you are a tiger in the jungle! (UK version)
- Your boat becomes shipwrecked on a tropical island! Suddenly…
- Your family goes on a summer vacation to…MARS!
- You and your friends go to the mall and see that everything is for free!
- You visit the museum and find that you are a famous pirate on display!
- You go to the dog beach and see that all the dogs are playing volley ball!
- The teacher introduces the class pet and it’s a…HIPPO!
- You look in your school bag and see a chimp eating your banana! Next…
- The new class teacher is a three-eyed alien with green hair! Suddenly…
- Congratulations! You have won first prize…a trip to Saturn!
- A strong gust of wind blows and suddenly you grow wings! Then…
- It’s your birthday! You open your present and it’s a baby dinosaur…
- Santa writes you a letter. He wants YOU to be his number one elf!
- You are soaking in a bubble bath, when suddenly the bath sails away!
- You teleport to an insect world, but the insects are bigger than you!
- You wake up with a red cape and mask on. You are super hero of the day!
- You climb up a tree…up, up, up. Suddenly a cloud sucks you up! Next…
- You go to the hen pen, but instead of hens, you see ogres laying eggs! Then…
- You put on your school uniform but it magically transforms into a spacesuit!
- You come back from school and find a robot making pancakes in your kitchen!
- You open your window and jump onto a shooting star and land on…
- You play basketball with a team of super-sonic robots!
- You walk into a garden and all the bugs are reading books! Next…
- You wake up in the middle of the night and find that you’re a giant snail!
- Your best friend bumps his head and suddenly speaks gibberish!
- There’s a knock-knock-knock on the window! Suddenly…
- You’re swimming at the beach when suddenly a whale flips you on its back!
- You go to visit grandma, but instead of grandma, you find…
- The doorbell rings. You open the door and find a mystery…
- A parcel arrives with your name on it. You open it slowly and out pops a…
- You walk into the bathroom and find a giant octopus with purple spots!
- It’s a normal school day, but you get to school and nobody is there! Next…
Assessment Point skills covered in this pack:
- sequencing of ideas
- writing in first person (consistent tense)
- sentence structure
- sight words
- high frequency words
- Detailed report card comments for 23 students
- Comments for Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing, Math and Generals
- CUT AND PASTE comments directly into your students’ report templates – edit or modify as you wish
- Core aligned comments
- ‘Habits of Mind’ goal comments included
- Differentiated comments for A-D grade levels
Happy assessing and reporting!
Join my email list to receive exclusive and quality FREE resources and content!
Click here to join the Free Resource Library: